We offer the following services
LV ELECTRIC MOTOR MODIFICATIONS
Rewiring of electric motors with ESEX wire and VPI to accommodate frequency converters
Fitment of Force Cooling units on any kW sizes, fitted with Fuse holder
NDT shaft tests
Repair and new stator cores
Labyrinth seal fitment
Increase IP ratings
IGS brake fitment
New Flanges, K4 adaptors, IGS brakes & Conversion on pinions to fit any make motor
Yes. Simotech can assist you with repairs on all industrial equipment from Siemens (i.e. electric motors, frequency converters, soft starters, switchgear, automation components, IPC’s, etc.). Contact us with a description of your faulty item and a description of the fault, so we can determine how we can best assist you with a possible repair.
*Please note that Simotech does not repair Siemens home/domestic appliances.
Repairs take on average 3 to 4 weeks to complete (from the date when the repair order was placed). However, repair lead times are affected by factors such as the type of product, nature of the repair, spares availability, etc. Repairs may take up to 8 weeks to complete if, for example, spares parts are imported from Germany. Repairs performed in Germany may vary between 6 and 18 weeks to complete, depending on the nature of the repair. However, Simotech will always endeavour to minimize the duration of the repair process.
Warrantee claims are investigated by Siemens head office and if approved, the item will either be repaired or replaced with a new unit, free of charge. A replacement item take on average 3 to 4 weeks to deliver, from the date when the warrantee claim was approved. Repairs vary between 3 to 18 weeks, depending on the nature of the repair (see FAQ “How long does repairs normally take?”).
Warrantees normally cover factory workmanship and intended use for a period of 12 months. Warrantee cover periods start on the day when the item was collected by or delivered to the customer. Documented proof of purchase will assist with determining the validity of the warrantee and legitimacy of a claim. Documented proof must be supplied in the case of a warrantee claim.
The repair quotation will consist of a price for the repair of the faulty item and a price for a new unit. A Failure Report will accompany the quotation if requested.
Yes. In the case where the repair is covered by an existing warrantee, the repaired item will be covered by the remainder of the existing warrantee. In the case where the repair is not covered by a warrantee (i.e. if the repair costs are covered by the customer), the repaired item will be supplied with a repair warrantee which may differ from 3 to 12 months, depending on the type of item being repaired, the nature of the repair, the status of an existing warrantee, etc. All warrantees cover factory workmanship and intended use.
A “Strip and Quote” fee is charged to cover costs related to determining the fault of the item (i.e. transport, handling, labour required to strip and test, specialised testing equipment and procedures, administration and preparation of a fault report, etc.). The “Strip and Quote” fee is likely not to apply if the repair is covered by an existing warrantee.
A “Strip and Quote” fee will be applicable to cover related costs (see FAQ “What is a “Strip and Quote” fee?”). The customer will be held liable for the “Strip and Quote” fee and will be invoiced accordingly.
- Once Simotech is informed of the faulty item, the item’s warrantee status is verified.
- If the item is covered by an existing warrantee, the warrantee claim will be investigated and if approved by Siemens, the item will either be repaired or replaced with a new unit, free of charge.
- If the warrantee claim is not approved, the normal repair process may be initiated.
- If the item is not covered by an existing warrantee, a “Strip & Quote” quotation will be generated.
(see FAQ “What is a “Strip and Quote” fee?”)
- Once Simotech receives a purchase order for the “Strip & Quote” process, the faulty item will be assessed to determine the fault, repair options, lead times and associated repair costs.
- Based on the outcome of the “Strip & Quote” process, a “Repair” quotation will be generated.
- The customer can now determine if it is viable to repair or replace the faulty item.
- Once Simotech receives a purchase order for either repair or replacement, the “Repair” process will be initiated accordingly.
(see FAQ “How long does repairs normally take?”)
*Note that the above repair procedure is used as a guide only and may be deviated from depending on the nature of the repair.
Unfortunately, not. Due to the vast number of products within the Siemens product portfolio, it is practically not viable, or even possible, to keep unsealed or used items on hand as temporary replacement or loan units.